All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to the Association of British Bookmakers collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of the Association of British Bookmakers who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
The Association of British Bookmakers is the leading trade association for betting shop operators on the UK’s high streets. We aim to help create and sustain conditions in which socially responsible betting shop operators can compete and prosper. Our membership ranges from major national operators to single, family run businesses and collectively, we represent 80% of the sector.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly here:
- 25 Buckingham Palace Road
020 7434 2111
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact abb.uk.com
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
The legal basis for processing this data is to comply with a legal obligation necessary for legitimate interests, to facilitate user communications and inquiries, for running the business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for the Association of British Bookmakers to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing the Data Protection Officer at Mail@abb.uk.com
The data we collect may be shared with member and supplier organisations.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
3.4 Retention period
The Association of British Bookmakers will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- It is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- The law requires us to
- In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the Association of British Bookmakers refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Association of British Bookmakers (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly the Association of British Bookmakers’ Data Protection Officer .
3.7 Privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data here http://backyourlocalbookie.org/privacy-policy/.
Contact the Data Protection Officer if you:
- Have any questions about anything in this document
- Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Data Protection Officer
25 Buckingham Palace Road
020 7434 2111