Responsible Gambling Week 2017
About Responsible Gambling Week 2017
Responsible Gambling Week is a national, cross-industry initiative to promote responsible gambling, running from 12 – 18 October 2017.
During the week, all sectors of the gambling industry (arcades, bingo clubs, bookmakers, casinos and online), in partnership with specialist charities, GambleAware and GamCare, will come together for this unified cause.
This is the very first year of the campaign, and the theme is “Let’s Talk About Responsible Gambling”. We want to start even more conversations about what it means to gamble responsibly.
We want to raise awareness amongst customers and the wider public about how to gamble responsibly, the tools that are available to keep gambling safe and fun, and where anyone can find help and support for those who need it.
What will happen during Responsible Gambling Week?
To spread the message of responsible gambling as far and wide as possible, the UK gambling industry will be leading on a range of activities through the week:
- Posters, leaflets, banners and other information points about Responsible Gambling Week are being rolled out across the country in gambling venues, on industry websites and on social media channels, encouraging conversations about gambling responsibly
- The industry is working with GamCare and its partners to establish dedicated information points around the UK that will be available to the general public throughout the week
- Staff at gambling venues and online sites will continue to be points of contact for their customers on how to gamble responsibly
- Our partners GambleAware and GamCare will also be raising awareness about responsible gambling through their websites and communication channels
- Online chatrooms and interactive Q&A sessions on social media through dedicated Twitter and Facebook accounts will help to engage discussions about responsible gambling more broadly
- An event will be held in Parliament to help brief politicians on what it means to gamble responsibly and what they can do to share the message with their constituents
Responsible Gambling week starts on Thursday 12th October, but you can join the conversation now by:
If you have any questions or would like more information on how you can be involved with Responsible Gambling Week, you can contact us via email: email@example.com
To find out more about how to gamble responsibly, you can also visit:
Responsible Gambling Week is a national, cross-industry
awareness campaign promoting responsible gambling.